Dental teeth whitening is a great way to give you a brighter smile! It is safe, quick, and inexpensive and can be used to correct many tooth discolorations caused by age, staining or chemical damage to teeth.
- Teeth may be lightened with the use of trays that fit over your teeth that are worn during the day or at night. In-office whitening can provide a quick start for the process but actual results are achieved by whitening at home over a 2-3 week period.
- In some situations, if whitening is ineffective, a simple procedure, ‘micro abrasion’ can be an effective means of gently removing superficial but dark stains.
Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
Rebuilding a tooth from decay or trauma can be restored with composite filling materials that are adhered to the tooth using a curing process. These materials provide a restoration that is strong, metal-free, and has the color of natural tooth structure (also known as white fillings).
- Bonding provides a great transition to porcelain veneers if an individual's mouth is still developing.
- Bonding is generally not as permanent as veneers, and can be vulnerable to the same kind of staining that your natural teeth are prone to.
- Bonding can also be more prone to chips and cracks than veneers. Crowns are generally preferred to bonding and veneers when such a procedure is not deemed to be effective in the long term.
Teeth can become correct crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapped as a result of many factors, including trauma, bruxism (teeth grinding) or even heredity. Cosmetic contouring and reshaping procedures can often greatly improve these conditions.
- This relatively simple procedure is accomplished by gently reshaping and removing a small amount of tooth enamel to create a more esthetically pleasing tooth appearance.
- This approach does not require shots or costly dental treatment.
- Esthetic Re-contouring is often an acceptable alternative when patients are too young for cosmetic procedures or as a budget-friendly short term solution when other dental needs are more pressing.
Veneers are cosmetic porcelain restorations for teeth that are discolored, worn, chipped, or misaligned (including spacing). Because of their beautiful color, durability, and natural appearance, porcelain veneers are used to make a dramatic, yet natural-looking improvement to a patient's smile.
- Porcelain Veneers very thin, artistically crafted, tooth-shaped pieces of porcelain that are attached to the natural teeth. They can be used in many different areas of tooth restoration.
- One of the many advantages of veneers is that no one can tell they are there, and patients care for them as they would their own teeth.
Are you ready to make cosmetic changes to your smile?
Contact Sprayberry Dental Associates of Marietta today to explore options to enhance your smile!